Friends Of Leybourne Church
Join the Friends of Leybourne Church
Since its’ formation 10 years’ ago the “Friends” have raised about £60,000 towards Church improvements.
We held a wide range of events during 2018, appealing to differing audiences. These included Fireside Talks during the winter months, a “Gin and It” evening at the Castle in May, “Pimms in the Orchard” in August, and our ever-popular Christmas events – “Sparkle at the Castle” and this year we tried something different and held a black tie quiz and artisan cheese supper for Members.
One key feature of much of the above, is the availability of the Castle to host them, for which we offer our grateful thanks to Val and Alan Albert for their generosity.
The Gardening Club “off-shoot” of the FLC has continued to thrive, with trips to open gardens, garden centres and gathering to discuss gardening tips and ideas throughout the year.
The FLC calendar in 2019
- Sunday 24th February at 6pm we are holding another Songs of Praise to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Friends. Voting has now closed for your favourite hymns, and the six most-popular will be revealed in the service. Refreshments afterwards – all welcome.
- Friday 26th April 6.30pm for 7.00pm: Fashion catwalk show and sale, Travelling Trends at Leybourne Chase School. An opportunity to see and buy high street and branded items at a discount.
- Tuesday 30th April – talk by Clive Astall (complete with scale models) on “Operation Market Garden – the airborne battle”.
- Saturday 20th July – Abba Tribute open-air concert at the Castle. Gates open 5pm with children’s entertainment at 6pm, concert at 7.30pm. Download a booking form or see info on FLC Facebook page.
- Sunday 18th August – annual Pimms in the Orchard.
- Tuesday 22nd October – fireside talk at 5 Evergreen Close – “Working with the Battle of Britain veterans” .
- December Christmas events: “Sparkle at the Castle” Wed 4th December and annual Christmas supper Friday 6th December
Interested in joining or need to contact friends? You can get in touch via the contact page.